It is the Bunny Bash!
- Drew to shop this year and Ed will bring the stew ingredients up to Alan's on Saturday morning, since Drew is still house hunting and needs to do that later in the day.
- Non-stew items will still be Drew's for Sunday.
Shopping list for 50
Bunny Bash Stew
- 5 cups flour
- 7 tsp salt (14 tsp kosher used)
- 3.5 tsp pepper
- 42 slices of (non sugared) fatty bacon, plus Cooks' Portion (4 lb Costco pack)
- 14 large onions (10 lb bag, used all)
- 28 medium carrots (10 lb bag, used 8 lbs)
- 14 large potatoes or 28 ordinary ones (costco 15 lb bag, golden)
- 28 cloves garlic (4 heads)
7-14 tbsp brown sugar (used 14) (2016 - didn't use. This is out.)
- 7-14 bay leaves (put in corners)
- 3.5-7 tsp rosemary (used 7)
- 3.5-7 tsp paprika (used 7) (2016 brought 14 tsp)
- 7-14 tsp cornstarch (used 7, was a little watery with baking method)
- 2 bottles dry red wine (1.5 used)
- equal parts water?
- a few big bags of chips (potato and corn)
- 6 lbs sour cream dip (3 lbs used)
- veggies for dip (peppers, carrots, celery, used 1 full tray)
- 50+ dinner rolls (36 count costco bag, 2/3 used)
- COLE SLAW (cabbage, carrots, mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper)
- 108 eggs (2017, started with Costco 120. 113 survived boil.)
- coloring kit(s) (use about 2 kits)
- 50-100 cans of soda (used 40ish)
- several aluminum disposable steam pans (for stew, rolls, and salads)
- hotel pan
- (temporary) big blue bucket for ice transpo and drink cooling
- 4 rabbits was barely enough to fill 4 pans but 4 pans was more than enough food this year.
next year maybe aim for 5 rabbits into 4 pans.
- veg was all substantially less than previous years (obviously)
- we used 1 bottle of wine w/a 1/2 ratio of wine to water, then topped up each pan to ~1/2 full w/ wine. Ended up using 1.5 bottles.
- consider adding more corn starch next year to thicken the sauce "in place"
- added 1 tsp salt per pan. consider going 1.5 tsp as stew was a bit light on salt.
- convection baked stew for 1h @ 350. tops were starting to burn. next year, cover stew and consider going to 375