It is the Bunny Bash!
- Drew to shop this year and bring stuff to Alan's on Friday night or Saturday very early morning, since Drew is still house hunting and needs to do that later in the day.
- Non-stew items will still be Drew's for Sunday.
Shopping list for 50
Bunny Bash Stew
- 5 cups flour
- 7 tsp salt (14 tsp kosher used)
- 3.5 tsp pepper
- 42 slices of (non sugared) fatty bacon, plus Cooks' Portion (4 lb Costco pack)
- 14 large onions (10 lb bag, used all)
- 28 medium carrots (10 lb bag, used 8 lbs)
- 14 large potatoes or 28 ordinary ones (costco 15 lb bag, golden)
- 28 cloves garlic (4 heads)
- 7-14 tbsp brown sugar (used 14)
- 7-14 bay leaves (put in corners)
- 3.5-7 tsp rosemary (used 7)
- 3.5-7 tsp paprika (used 7) (2016 brought 14 tsp)
- 7-14 tsp cornstarch (used 7, was a little watery with baking method)
- 2 bottles dry red wine (1.5 used)
- equal parts water?
- a few big bags of chips (potato and corn)
- 6 lbs sour cream dip (3 lbs used)
- veggies for dip (peppers, carrots, celery, used 1 full tray)
- 50+ dinner rolls (36 count costco bag, 2/3 used)
- COLE SLAW (cabbage, carrots, mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper)
- 108 eggs
- coloring kit(s) (use about 2 kits)
- 50-100 cans of soda (used 40ish)
- several aluminum disposable steam pans (for stew, rolls, and salads)
(temporary) 16 quart big pot for cooking stew at Alan’s (not anymore?) hotel pan (temporary) big blue bucket for ice transpo and drink cooling